XOOM Energy Consumer Advisory Notice
January 24, 2014
Charlotte, NC, January 24, 2014: Over the past several weeks, large portions of the country have experienced historically low temperatures and record snowfall. Unfortunately, the forecast continues to call for colder-than-normal weather and due to these on-going conditions, there has been a substantial increase in the use of natural gas and electricity throughout the country
With more electricity being produced using natural gas, both natural gas and electric power rates are increasing. Rates for XOOM and other retailers will reflect these rising costs quickly because of the buying and selling process. Public utility company rates also are expected to rise in the coming months as utilities recover costs associated with current market conditions.
With cold temperatures continuing through the next couple of weeks, it’s important to prepare your home or business. Doing so will help you manage your energy usage as well as minimize rising energy bills.
Although none of us can control the weather, there are things we can do to use energy more efficiently:
· Remove snow and ice from gas meters
· Set thermostats as low as appropriate to maintain health and comfort
· Set water heater temperature to 120 degrees
· Keep doors and windows closed as much as possible, including garage doors
· Make sure doors have weather stripping and door sweeps
· Install window insulation kits on leaky windows
· Close off unheated, unused rooms
· Open curtains and blinds during the day to allow the sun to warm the inside of your home; close them at night to keep warmth inside.
While no one is looking to pay more than is necessary on their energy bill, please know the entire team at XOOM Energy is working around the clock to ensure our customers are receiving reliable energy at the best possible rate. Our goal is to help consumers manage their energy usage and costs, especially during severe weather conditions and we work hard every day to purchase and sell energy at the best possible price, with the best interests of our customers in mind.